Chico Tour –
Chico, California is a college town. It was ranked the #1 Party School in the United States in 1987 and the #2 Party School in 2002. Sure it’s easy to find a party, easy to find friendly people to talk to. What people may not know is that Chico has an amazing green belt that extends into the mountains following the creek and running through amazing forests of Oak Trees. There is 3,670 acres of park – Bidwell Park. I’ve heard people say it’s the 2nd largest municipal park in the United States – probably at some point in its history – its huge! Goggle Chico – Bear Hole, 1 mile, Bidwell Park – great places to swim and enjoy the great outdoors.
Chico also has one of the best Breweries in the country – Sierra Nevada. Sierra Nevada started in Chico and is still going strong. A visit to the brewery is a must, you can’t drink if you’re not 21 but if you’re over 12 you can go in and look around. Maybe even go on a tour!
Chico is exactly 100 miles from Davis, California. It takes about an hour in a half to get there. Here are the things we do:
- Explore Bidwell Park including 1 mile and Bear Hole
- Free American Barbeque in the park
- Visit the Historic Downtown
- Visit Chico State which is connected to the historic downtown and Bidwell Park
- Optional Museums (extra cost) – Bidwell Mansion (Victorian House – social and cultural center of upper Sacramento Valley back in the late 1890’s, early 1900’s.) $6. National Yo-Yo Museum -free, Stansbury Home (Victorian home built in 1883) $5.
- Visit Sierra Nevada
Chico is certainly worth visiting. Cool things are always happening in Chico and who knows what else we will see! What a great college town!