San Francisco –
One thing about San Francisco is its land area is small compared to other cities– 46.7 miles compared to New York 302.6 miles, San Diego 372.4 miles and Los Angeles 503 miles. San Francisco is a great walking city. This day trip hits some of the amazing perimeter sites in San Francisco along with some awesome Districts. It’s a good introduction to the city. If you are studying in Davis or greater Sacramento you should visit San Francisco as much as you can – there is always some festival, event happening and many weeks of exploring to do. Start with this tour or join us after a couple of San Francisco visits. Keep visiting San Francisco – there is so much to see and things are constantly changing, happening! We love San Francisco!
Did you know George Lucas set up Lucasfilms in San Francisco? The Lucasfilms headquarters is guarded by a life size bronze Yoda statue. We go there! Other places we go:
- The Golden Gate Bridge – walk on it, view it from above with an option to walk across it
- Marine Headlands – famous for the views of the Bay Area, Rodeo Beach and so much more
- Presidio – Visitor Center, free rotating museums, oldest building in SF – Spanish adobe structure, Disney Museum, Lucasfilms
- Marina District
- Palace of Fine Arts
- Free time 3-4 hours to do a self-guided walking tour – Lombard Street, Little Italy, Coit Tower, Washington Square, Chinatown, Fisherman’s Wharf (Pier 39, Seals, Clam chowder in a bread bowl) or stick with the guide to see the locations – your call
- Mission District including Mission Dolores Park – amazing views, great restaurants for dinner
- Twins Peaks – through Castro District
This tour gets it done. You see so much of San Francisco during this day tour. There are so many bonus sites and events that pop up during our tour. Because we focus on smaller groups we are dynamic, nimble and efficient. We can change directions, plan easier and experience a better San Francisco.
We look forward to our next San Francisco adventure. San Francisco is perhaps America’s best city! Come join us!