“The mountains are calling and I must go,” said John Muir, the famous Naturalist who wrote the magazine articles that led to the creation of Yosemite National Park in 1890. He knew where one of the best places on earth is and you will too when you discover Yosemite with Weekend Roadtrips.
Yosemite is amazing. Within 1,200 square miles of protected National Park, Yosemite’s beauty is unforgettable and its surreal landscape is breathtaking. It holds so many incredible aspects of nature that you don’t want to miss: Yosemite Valley, waterfalls, rivers, amazing granite landscapes, meadows and forests, including the famous Giant Sequoia Redwoods.
Leaving from Davis, California, we enter Yosemite in less than 3.5 hours. Many of the Tour Groups that depart from Davis do not go directly to Yosemite. Instead, they pick up more travelers in other cities which takes the tour busses out of the way from Yosemite and increases the travel time. These other tours require travelers to rent a hotel for one night in Yosemite Village to make up for lost time in Yosemite. They end up seeing only the sights that could have been visited on a one-day trip. Weekend Roadtrips offers smaller group tours that give the traveler time to do more sightseeing. We have a plan for the entire day. Summertime in Yosemite attracts many people, but our tour plan avoids the crowds.
If you have a group that wants to spend the whole weekend in Yosemite, overnight accommodations are also an option. Contact us if you have a group and prefer designing a weekend overnight Yosemite trip.
On your Yosemite day trip adventure with Weekend Roadtrips, you will experience:
- Tunnel View
- El Capitan
- Bridalveil Falls
- Yosemite Falls
- Vistas of Half Dome, Cathedral Peak, Merced River and so much more
- Yosemite Village self-guided tour which can include: the Yosemite Museum, Visitor’s Center, Native American Indian Museum, Ansel Adams Gallery, Ahwahnee Native American Village, Yosemite video documentary, Yosemite Cemetery, Yosemite Market and Gift Shop and Degnan’s Kitchen for sandwiches, snacks and hot drinks.
- Optional hike to Vernal Falls (rated as moderate to strenuous) Although this can be a difficult hike, no one has regretted going on this adventure yet. This is an amazing waterfall with beautiful vistas.
- Sequoia Redwood hike – (during the offseason) – during winter, spring and fall we usually include this hike in our itinerary
- Glacier Point – when the road to the point is open, this is a great option. This choice would replace the Yosemite Village visit and/or the optional Vernal Falls hike.
The reviews and feedback we get on our Yosemite day trip are the best of the best. Yosemite is spectacular! Put it on your bucket list and let Weekend Roadtrips guide your fun-filled journey.